Elemental compositions are formed from the surrounding environment – be it fired earth or hand-hewn wood – with little refinement. Our new collection highlights the beauty in raw and honest expression, tracing organic shapes and compelling movements of the body.
- For this competition there is one winner, and there are two runners up (collectively referred to as the winners).
- The winner’s prize consists of the opportunity to display their photograph or piece of work in the window of one or more of our twenty UK TOAST Shops, for a two week period at a time of our choosing from April to June 2022. We reserve the right to display your work in a manner that suits the TOAST Shop. The winner will also receive TOAST products to the value of £300. The winner will work with the TOAST team to receive the products.
- The prize for each of the two runners up consists of the opportunity to display their photograph or piece of work in the window of one or more of our twenty UK TOAST Shops, for a two week period at a time of our choosing from April to June 2022. We reserve the right to display your work in a manner that suits the TOAST shop. The runners up will also receive TOAST products to the value of £150. The runners up will work with the TOAST team to receive the products.
- To enter this Competition please post a photograph or image of a piece of work you have created in response to the concept of “elemental compositions” on your Instagram page, tag @TOAST and use the hashtag #TOASTelemental. Entries in an incorrect format will not be considered. Entries may be reposted to the TOAST Instagram page - this does not mean the entry is a winning entry. The winners will need to provide the TOAST team with the original high resolution image via email.
- Entries must be submitted between 09.00 am (GMT) on 12 February 2022 and 23.59 pm on 13 March 2022 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date or received by any other means (e.g. in the post or via email) will not be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary to enter. Access to the internet and an Instagram account are required to enter.
- By entering the Competition, you confirm that
a) any photograph or piece of work submitted is original to you and does not (and its use by the Promoter (and/or persons authorised by the Promoter) shall not) (i) infringe the intellectual property rights or any other personal or property rights of any person (including moral and privacy rights); (ii) be in breach of any statute or regulation; and/or (iii) be obscene, libellous, defamatory or constitute a contempt of court or breach of any duty of confidence;
b) you are free to enter into the Competition and are not subject to any agreement or arrangement with third parties which may interfere with use of the photograph or piece of work by the Promoter; and
c) use of the photograph, by the Promoter, will not entitle any person to claim any payment from the Promoter (or any persons authorised by the Promoter) and no further clearances are needed for the use of the photograph by the Promoter.
- This Competition is open worldwide to anyone over the age of 18 [or, who are over the age of 16 and have their parent's or guardian's consent to enter] excluding: (i) employees of the Promoter and its affiliates and their families; (ii) the employees of companies or organisations with whom the Competition is being run and their families; and (iii) agents or any other person directly connected with the Competition.
- Up to three Competition entries, fulfilling the eligibility requirements, will be accepted per person. Entries will be considered in order of date posted. Spammers and bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The three winners will be the entrants who, in the Promoter’s opinion, has submitted the most interesting and original entry photograph or piece of work capturing the spirit and essence of TOAST’s “elemental compositions” campaign. Judging shall be conducted by the TOAST team, no later than two weeks after the Closing Date.
- The winners will be notified by Instagram within three weeks of the Closing Date. If a prize winner does not respond to this notification by 10 April 2022, the Promoter reserves the right to select the next best entry selected by the judges an alternative prize winner, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision (or that of a third party, where a third party is involved in any decision relating to the Competition) is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the validity of any such decision.
- Winners shall be required to notify the Promoter of relevant information, including their email address, by 10 April 2022. It is the winners’ responsibility to notify the Promoter of any change in contact information.
- The Promoter may require participants to provide proof of identity and proof of age. Identification considered suitable for verification is at Promoter's discretion. The winners may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant that fails to satisfy the eligibility requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude late, lost, incomplete or multiple entries using multiple Instagram accounts. Registrations made by third parties, agents, using methods such as a macro or a script, using automated devices or processes or syndicated entries are not permitted and all such entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- The winners’ details (name, county and country only) will be made available 21 working days after the Closing Date and for 4 weeks only by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Marketing, TOAST, Unit 306, Screenworks, 22 Highbury Grove, London, N5 2EF indicating the name of the Promotion.
- Entry to the Competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use any entrant’s name and any Competition entry image, for promotional and/or editorial purposes in any format in print and non-print media without additional consultation. By entering, participants further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies in the event of them winning. All publicity materials created in connection with this Competition become and remain the sole property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that it considers to be of broadly equivalent value. The Promoter offers no cash alternative for non-cash prizes. Prizes are not refundable or transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. When dates are specified they cannot be altered and by entering date-related competitions or promotions neither the Promoter, nor any third party, are liable in any way to any winner who cannot attend.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to amend, suspend or cancel the Competition or extend the entry period or disqualify any participant at any time for technical, legal or other reasons without giving advance notice.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, prohibit participation in the Competition by any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the website or the operation of the Competition, or acts in violation of these terms, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Participants must not supply false information in their registration or share their account details with others, and no individual should participate under any identity that is not their own. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, terminate the entry of anyone registering under details that we have reasonable grounds to believe are false.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any third party illegal or fraudulent action/inaction that may occur on or through the Competition, but reserves the right to take action against any third party it knows or has reasonable grounds to believe is responsible for such action/inaction.
- The Competition materials may contain links to other websites that the Promoter does not own or operate. Please be aware that the Promoter does not control, recommend or endorse these other websites, and is not responsible for their content, products, services or privacy policies.
- The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Competition or its website and is not responsible for any disruption to the Competition or its website due to technical problems or otherwise. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, corrupted or misdirected registrations.
- In no event will the Promoter be liable for any damage or loss of the framed photograph or piece of work during the course of the Competition.
- Where the Promoter runs a Competition with a third party such that the third party is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then the Promoter shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
- All entrants to the Competition are deemed to have read and accepted these terms (and any linked terms contained or referenced herein) and agree to be bound by them and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition (except where any decision relating to the Competition has been delegated by the Promoter to a third party, when that third party’s decision will be final).
- No failure to enforce a clause shall be deemed a waiver of the rights covered within it. If any clause of these terms is deemed unenforceable, then it shall be severed and the remaining terms shall remain in force.
- The promoter of the TOAST | Elemental Compositions (“Promotion”) is TOAST, Unit 306, Screenworks, 22 Highbury Grove, London, N5 2EF. (“Promoter”).
- These terms are governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to all matters arising under or in connection with these Terms.